*This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #KeratinKBondPlex #sponsored
Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I am super excited about today’s post!! Now that it’s getting warmer here in San Diego, I’ve been looking for ways to keep this long hair of mine up and looking cute during the day. Between having an 11 month old (who LOVES grabbing hair) and the 80+ degree weather, having long, loose hair just isn’t fun these days. So I decided to hunt down some super cute hair do’s that I can quickly and easily do each morning.
Before I get onto my new favorite hair styles, I first want to share my new hair color with you all! I don’t know about you, but I love changing up my look at the start of every season. Normally I lighten my hair this time of year, but since I haven’t gone red in a while, I decided to change it up a bit. I chose the shade Ruby Noir by Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color and absolutely love the way it came out!
I chose Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color because it has 100% gray coverage (yes, this is a real issue of mine. It’s horrible!!), less hair breakage, and an extensive color selection. It also contains K-BOND PLEX™ which is salon inspired anti-breakage technology that repairs the inner hair structure for strong and healthy looking hair. You’ll experience 80% less breakage* (*vs. untreated hair) with this formula which is so important when choosing an at-home hair color kit. It’s professional hair color at home that is easy to use and produces beautiful color results that last!
I’m super happy with the way my hair turned out! I dyed it just over a week ago and it’s still feeling very soft and smooth. The color is still perfectly intact after a few washes as well. My hair just looks and feels so healthy and wonderful so I couldn’t be happier with this this hair dye.
Now that my hair is dyed and looking good, let’s get on to my three favorite hair styles that are perfect for summertime!
*Disclaimer: I’m horrible at describing processes. So if these instructions make zero sense to you (which they probably will), be sure to check out the photos. They’re there for that exact reason!
The first hair do I want to share is the easy chignon. This works best if you have medium length hair. The longer or shorter it is, the more challenging it can be to twist your hair and/or tuck it all in.
1. Pull your hair into a low ponytail.
2. Next, separate your hair into two just above the hair tie and twist your ponytail through the opening (I hope this makes sense? This is why there’s photos!). I like twisting mine twice, bit it’s completely personal preference. If you have shorter hair then you may only be able to do it once.
3. Lastly take the remaining hair and tuck it into that same opening. Secure your hair in place with a bobby pin or two.
Voila! It’s that simple! And if my explanation made zero sense, be sure to check out the images below for reference.
LOVE THIS HAIR DO? SHARE IT!
Messy Bun With A Twist
I’m completely in love with this fun messy bun. As a mom, messy buns are my jam. And this is a super easy and cute way to make your messy bun a little more unique. The first time I tried this look, I actually ended up doing it every day for close to a week. It’s just too cute and it’s super quick and easy to do as well.
1. Start pulling your hair into a high ponytail, but don’t pull it all the way through. You’re pretty much creating a loop on the top of your head (see photos for a clearer look at what I’m talking about here).
2. Next, take the remaining hair and wrap it around the front of your ponytail. You’ll then secure this hair with a couple bobby pins.
3. Lastly, gently pull out some loose strands around your face to give it a little more of a messy look. I pulled some loose hairs from the back of my head as well as a few strands around my face. You can loosen as much or as little as you prefer!
LOVE THIS HAIR DO? SHARE IT!
This hair do is going to be so much harder for me to explain, but again, that’s why there are photos! So bear with me here. This ends up being super cute, I swear!
1. Start with a small half ponytail (ponytail A) secured with a clear hair elastic. Add a second hair elastic a few inches down from the original (photo two).
2. Next, create another half ponytail (ponytail B) underneath ponytail A as shown in photo three.
3. You’re then going to separate ponytail A between the two hair ties and pull ponytail B up and through ponytail A (are you will with me?…I hope so!). You’ll now add a second hair tie to ponytail B just as we did with pony tail A.
4. Now going back to ponytail A, you’re going to do the same thing we did in the previous step, BUT you’re going to be adding more hair from each side of your head before pulling ponytail A through ponytail B. Jut as you would a French braid (I imagine you’re confused….it’s okay. There are photos!).
5. You’ll continue to weave your hair in this manner until you read the base of your neck. You don’t want to do it all the way to the end of your hair. You want to leave a bit of a ponytail on the end.
6. Lastly, gently loosen each section of the braid to give it a fuller, more messy look. You can loosen as little or as much as you prefer! If you have longer hair like I do, you can also curl the pony to give it a little something extra. Again, that’s totally your call and your persona. preference!
LOVE THIS HAIR DO? SHARE IT!
So there you have it! Three of my favorite hair do’s. These are great for gym sessions, hot summer days, lazy days at home, and even for moms who just need to keep their hair tied back from their little ones. They’re fun, they’re easy, and most importantly, they’re quick! If you love these hair do’s, be sure to pin the photos above! If you love my new hair color then check out your local Walmart to buy your own Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color!
What are your go to hairstyles for summertime?