It’s autumn! Aside from summertime, autumn is my favorite season. I love the cooler weather and beautiful fall foliage. The seasonal decorations, hay rides, apple picking, fall candle scents. It’s all so wonderful. I grew up in New England where fall is a pretty big deal. If you’ve never visited this part of the country, then you really need to add it to your travel bucket list. And when you go, you need to do it during the fall months. I promise you’ll love it! There are so many fun things to do this time of year and it’s the perfect season for date days/nights with your significant other. So here are 15 of my favorite fall date ideas:
- Enjoy a night in and have a scary movie marathon.
- Go on a hike to see the beautiful fall foliage. You can even bring a picnic!
- Visit a state or local fair and stuff your face with fair food (funnel cake, fried dough, caramel apples, blooming onions; try them all!).
- Visit a haunted house.
- Carve a pumpkin together (or turn it into a competition and see who’s pumpkin turns out better!).
- Get lost in a corn maze.
- Go on a hay ride.
- Make an apple pie together (or any type of pie you like!)
- Create a fall bucket list.
- Visit an apple orchard to do some apple picking (don’t forget to get some hot apple cider!).
- Take a weekend trip to see the foliage. Stay in a small bed and breakfast and explore all the country stores.
- Build your own scarecrow.
- Go coffee shop hopping to find the best pumpkin spiced latte (or any other festive drink, if you’re like me and don’t like pumpkin).
- Spend an afternoon trying on costumes in a costume store (my favorite is Spirit Halloween!).
- Binge watch the 13 days of Halloween on ABC Family.
What are your autumn date ideas?