*This post contains affiliate links.
Last month, I did a post on my top three favorite drugstore foundations. I am a huge fan of affordable makeup products that fit every woman’s busy lifestyle and have been very fortunate to have found some great products that work so well for me. After reviewing some of the comments, I had a few readers who swore by their high-end foundations and a couple suggested I try one sometime as well. So after gathering some recommendations from friends, I set out to my nearest ULTA location to pick up the Lorac Sheer POREfection Foundation*. It really did kill me to spend $34 on a foundation and I literally stood in that store for WAY too long trying to determine if I should go through with it or not. Not that I can’t afford it or anything. It’s just super impractical to me to spend THAT much every single time my foundation runs out.
And in all honesty, I was terrified I’d fall in love with it. I just did not want to be one of those people who spends that much money on a single product. Ultimately, I decided to go through with it because I wanted to see what all the hype is about! I really would love to use products that are better for my skin and don’t use as many harsh chemicals, but being that we’re about to bring another life into this world, I just don’t feel that NOW is the best time to switch my makeup to high-end. And again, that price tag. It kills me. But anyway, onto my review!
The moment I got it home that day, I instantly decided to redo my makeup so I could try it out. At first, I was a little iffy. For my skin, the light coverage just didn’t work as well as I’d want it to. I should have spent the extra $4 and gotten the full coverage version. But the second day, I applied my tinted moisturizer first before applying my foundation and it made a world of a difference. The two together were perfect. The foundation lasted all day with zero issues and zero touch ups which I was super impressed with. So I decided I’d wear it every day for a month so that I could get a real feel for it before bringing it to you all for a review.
AFTER A MONTH OF WEARING IT:
- Easy to apply and blends well. So many people swear by their beauty blenders so I gave them another shot when I purchased this foundation. Nope. Still don’t like them haha So I used a brush as mentioned in my last foundation post and it went on very smoothly. It is very easy to distribute and with a brush, I don’t feel like I need to use as much product to cover my whole face like I do with sponges. This products sets super quickly so you kind of have to work fast and a sponge just absorbs it way too quickly.
- All-day wear. In the month that I wore this foundation, it was very rare I ever had to reapply it or touch it up regardless of what I was doing that day. I could be out in the heat and humidity all day and that foundation was locked in. Same with all the makeup I put on top of it like bronzers and blush and highlight. It stayed all day. This is a rather huge pro for me. Nobody has time to constantly be touching up their makeup throughout the day. AND it even took some scrubbing to get it all off at the end of the day so I’d assume it does well in rain and through a few tears as well. Another bonus!
- Very lightweight. Even with mixing my moisturizer with it, the product was super lightweight to the point where it barely felt like you were wearing makeup at all. It also gives you a matte, poreless-looking finish.
- Oil-free and paraben-free. I’m starting to become super interested in products that are paraben-free and oil-free because they’re just so much better for your skin. This one is also fragrance-free and is infused with anti-aging antioxidants, olive leaf extract, lemon fruit extract and papaya fruit extract to help soothe, nourish and rejuvenate your skin. This makes it a great option for those of you with sensitive skin. My skin is super sensitive, especially around my chin and in the month I’ve been using this product, I’ve had zero issues with breakouts. I’m actually now coming to the conclusion that one of my previous foundations was making my skin worse. I’m going to have to do some research to figure out which one, but this one has been amazing on my skin.
In all honesty, it was hard to find some cons. I like this product that much.
- Super sheer coverage. Yes, I know it says it in the name of the product, but it really is that sheer. I ended up applying my tinted moisturizer with it as well to balance it out better and give it a better coverage. So if your skin is as messy as mine is being pregnant right now then a sheer coverage isn’t going to work as well for you. Plus I have freckles that I can’t stand so my foundation has to be thick enough to cover them!
- It sets quickly. As mentioned above, this product sets rather quickly. This is a mix between a pro and a con, depending on how you look at it. On the bright side, there’s no lag time between when you apply your foundation and when you go back in to do the rest of your makeup. It sets almost instantly. But this can also be a con depending how you apply your foundation. Using a brush, it doesn’t bother me as much and I can easily work around it. But if you’re using sponges to apply your foundation or if you’re the type to put the product on the back of your hand and take from it whenever needed then you may run into some issues.
As much as I hate to say it, but the Lorac Sheer POREfection Foundation* a winner! I definitely plan to purchase this one again in the future (or go for the full coverage version*). I hate the price tag, but with this foundation, one pump is all it takes to cover my entire face so I’ve barely used any of this product in the last month. And I wear makeup 7 days a week. So I see it lasting a lot longer than my other foundations. For that reason, I think I’ll be making this my new everyday foundation from here on out!
Have you tried this foundation? What do you recommend I try next?