It’s the holidays!!! Thanksgiving is over and it’s officially the holiday season. Nothing against Thanksgiving or anything. I love Thanksgiving! But it’s no lie that I definitely love Christmas more. It’s just so much more magical and I always look forward to all the fun traditions.
In terms of blogging, I feel like I lack in holiday content around here. I admit I’m horrible some months/years at remembering to plan out and create holiday-centered content and it feels like I’m really missing out on some great collaborations and traffic because of it. there. So this year, I thought it would be super fun to participate in Blogmas.
What is Blogmas?
Okay so for those of you who don’t know what Blogmas/Vlogmas is, it’s 12, 25, or 31 days straight of holiday and winter-related content. I will be doing 25 days from December 1st to the 26th (I have one previously scheduled sponsored post going live on the 5th that is not holiday or winter themed so that post will be the only exception to Blogmas!). Some may also do a ’12 days of Christmas’ sort of theme while others may go the full 31 days. I felt 25 days was the perfect amount for me so that’s what I’m going with.
You may see this trend a lot more on Youtube with Vlogmas. That’s how I became acquainted with the trend years ago. So many of my favorite beauty Youtubers would participate in Vlogmas and it always seemed so fun. So this year I decided to participate in Blogmas!
Why am I participating in Blogmas?
As mentioned above, the idea of Blogmas/Vlogmas always seemed fun to me, but in addition to that, I feel like I’ve been in a little bit of a blogging rut recently. Moving cross-country threw me off a bit and it’s been a struggle to really get back to it. So I thought Blogmas would be a great way to get my creative juices flowing again. So in October, I sat down and brainstormed a ton of awesome content for you all and I’ve been working on it ever since. At this point, most of Blogmas is already typed up and scheduled out so I’m super excited!!
What type of content do I have in store?
I have SO much planned. As mentioned above, about 85-90% of December is already typed up and scheduled out for you all which is super exciting. I’m quite proud of myself for being glued to my computer in the month of November ensuring this is all set and ready to go (I can now spend December relaxing and spending time with family!). Here’s some of the content you can expect during Blogmas:
- How to deal with holiday stress
- Family-friendly winter activities in Southern Maine
- A peek at our 2018 Christmas card
- Home holiday decor
- Holiday traditions to start with your little ones
- How to keep your family organized during the busiest time of year
- Stocking stuffers for toddlers
- A Maine gift guide
- Possibly a GIVEAWAY for all my Maine mamas! (been working on this one for a while now, but it’s not fully set in stone yet. Stay tuned!)
- and more!
I’ve also updated ALL of my holiday content from previous years so you’ll see those circulating through my various social media feeds as well this next month.
Should you do Blogmas/Vlogmas?
I saw a few other bloggers bring up such a great point on this the other day so I felt I had to address it here as well. While Blogmas is supposed to be super fun and can be a great way to get your creative juices flowing, I think it’s something that cannot and should not be done on a whim if you want it to be successful. And here’s why:
When done incorrectly (aka on a whim), Blogmas can lead to less traffic, low-quality blog posts, a non-existent marketing strategy, and a very tired, overwhelmed blogger. I’ve been working on this for a couple of months now so there’s a whole strategy on the backend. I have a ton of social media already scheduled out, blog posts typed up, my email newsletters ready to be sent, etc. A strategy is key if you want Blogmas to be successful and an effective strategy cannot be made in an hour on November 30th.
Now, this doesn’t mean you can’t participate in Blogmas. You totally can! But if you want Blogmas to be a success and really drive traffic to your site then having a plan in place is going to help you tremendously. So if this sounds like something you want to do, I highly recommend getting started on Blogmas 2019 around August/September or so and really put everything you have into it!
25 Blogmas Post Ideas
Want to try Blogmas for yourself? Here are 25 blog post ideas to get you started!
- Gift guide for your spouse
- Gift guide for your kids
- Your holiday wish list
- Your kids’ wish list(s)
- Your favorite holiday movies
- A holiday tradition passed down through the generations
- A favorite recipe you always make
- Your favorite winter beauty products
- A recap of your Thanksgiving/Christmas
- Winter/holiday activities in your area
- Your home’s holiday decorations
- Stockings stuffers for pets
- A review/recap of fun holiday outings you do with your family
- How you tackle holiday stress
- Who do you celebrate the holidays with?
- Your favorite Christmas memory
- How to save money during the holidays
- How you keep yourself healthy during the holidays
- Your winter skincare routine
- Gifts under $20
- Festive makeup ideas
- Tips to surviving Christmas shopping
- Host a giveaway
- Holiday date ideas
- Ways to give back this Christmas
For updates on Blogmas, holiday sales, local events, tips for surviving the holidays, and more, be sure to sign up for our newsletter!